Please note that many resources listed are NYC-based, as that’s where we live! (Of course, double check. Thank you!)
- AAPI Safety Badge – printable card + lanyard with emergency contacts in different languages for your elderly loved ones. Sort of like a retro Life Alert for Asians. Free, open-source PDF, lanyards + plastic sheaths available for bulk purchase.
- Cafe Maddy Cab – if you’re an Asian elderly person, LGBTQ+, or woman, get your Uber/Lyft refunded up to $40. Please note that at PA!P, we did have some reservations as outlined in Episode 2, but do what you need to do to be safe. Accepting donations.
- Safewalks NYC – volunteer group that walks with you if you feel unsafe; Accepting donations, volunteers.
- dontcallthepolice.com – alternative resources to calling the cops. Accepting donations, volunteers.
- Community Fridges!– take what you need, give what you can. Multiple locations throughout the city, but in particular we want to shoutout BroomexBowery, Overthrow Community Fridge (VEGAN!), and LES. Accepting food donations.
- Heart of Dinner – non-profit delivering hot meals to elders living in lower Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn. Tons of volunteering opportunities! Accepting donations, volunteers.
- Welcome to Chinatown – grassroots initiative to support Chinatown businesses and amplify community voices; Accepting donations.
- Send Chinatown Love – Providing relief efforts to small, off-the-grid businesses in Chinatown; Accepting donations, volunteers.
- Apex for Youth – an organization that connects working professionals to immigrant and low-income Asian youth. Accepting donations, volunteers.
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund – a national organization founded in 1974 that protects and promotes the civil rights of Asian Americans. Accepting donations, volunteers.